Thursday, December 31, 2009

Whiskey Salmon recipe?

So I've got some salmon fillets that need to be cooked tonight. I'm thinking some kind of Jack Daniels based coating ;o)





Apart from simply drowning it in the stuff, anyone got any simple ideas to pep it up?! Thanks!Whiskey Salmon recipe?
Mix honey with the JD, sear the salmon in a frying pan or char grill pan, turn once and cook till nearly done. Add the JD honey mixture and swirl round over the heat till it bubbles and goes syrupy. You can add a dash of lemon or lime juice to sharpen the flavout or you can add a couple of tablespoons of cream or creme fraiche to make a milder more creamy sauce. What time is dinner?!Whiskey Salmon recipe?
I am a former chef with 27 years experience. I was trained at the New York Institute of Culinary Arts. I am an educator extraordinaire and have worked at major hotels. I am a certified small kitchen appliance reviewer and am practiced at both Asian and European Cuisines. Believe it or not, I have cooked for the military and in 4 star restaurants. I am a fully trained pastry chef, as well, as well as a saucier. I noticed your little problem and have deigned to help you. I'm sorry. What was the question again?





Oh, yes!!! Whiskey Salmon! Yes! Saute the salmon in whiskey!!
Were I you, I would reduce the whiskey on the stove, add a little spices, seasonings and sugar, and use it as glaze for the salmon. That would be pretty tasty.
Gosh, Vilify. . . I am SO going to do that!





Once, I seared some salmon, with garlic and olive oil, removed it from the pan, then added dill weed and beer (good beer - not lite!). Reduced the beer, added some cream - served it over the salmon, with rice. OMG, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment