Thursday, December 31, 2009

Help! I need salmon recipes?

We were given 2 HUGE wild alaskan salmon filets. I have no idea what to do with them. We don't have a bbq, so any oven or stove top recipes would be appreciated. We were also given halibut which I was going to make fish and chips out of, but any other ideas would be great. Level of difficulty doesn't matter. Thanks. Help! I need salmon recipes?
Trust me, this recipe is as good or better than the best salmon you've ever had.





Take out a big cutting board and cut your fillets into about 6 ounce portions. Salt and pepper both sides of them.





In a ziplock bag, mix 2 TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE, 2 TABLESPOONS DIJON MUSTARD, 2 TABLESPOONS BROWN SUGAR %26amp; 1 TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN for EVERY 24 OUNCES OF SALMON. Shake bag to mix thoroughly for a consistent sauce.





Add salmon to bag and shake and do whatever else kind of maneuvering to coat.





Cook salmon for 12-16 minutes at 400 degrees in an oven, single layer.





Sooo good. Soo easy. Help! I need salmon recipes?
We always baked salmon in the oven and served it with a white sauce and green peas poured over it after cooking. My boyfriend always pan fries his with a light coating of flour.


For the Halibut(steak cut) broil it in the oven with seasoning and light butter baste.

No comments:

Post a Comment