Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is your best fresh salmon recipe?? (low fat please)?

the salmon that I am using is


filits that were frozen


I am thawing them now I need a great way to cook it for a late dinner.


also if you know of a way to quickly thaw it without making it tuff


thanksWhat is your best fresh salmon recipe?? (low fat please)?
I always just season mine and throw them on the grill. Mix a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper and brush on the fillets. Grill them up until done. If you want, make a glaze to go on top. You can mix soy sauce with garlic and honey and cook down to reduce it to a glaze. Very easy, and very yummy. Oh, sorry, and to thaw it, just put it in cool water for a little bit.What is your best fresh salmon recipe?? (low fat please)?
You could put them in parchment paper and cook them with veggies and a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice.





I would also season it with some salt and pepper.





Or this one sounds good...:





What You Need:








2 cloves garlic, minced


6 tablespoons light olive oil


1 teaspoon dried basil


1 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon ground black pepper


1 tablespoon lemon juice


1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped


2 (6 ounce) Wild Salmon Dinner Fillets





Preparation:





1.In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.


2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).


3.Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
i sprinkle it with salt, pepper, pinch of freshly grated lemon zest, toasted black and white sesame seeds, and i put thinly sliced ginger root slices on top, and i foil up a pan, and cover the fish with foil. i bake at 300 for 30 mins so it doesnt get tough. in the last few mins, if i feel like i want some sauce on it, i melt a teaspoon of smart butter/margarine and i reduce 1/2 cup of some white wine, then i add my lemon juice from the zested lemon i used earlier. it will pretty much WOW anyone. the key to making it good...the fresh lemon %26amp; fresh ginger.
Sounds weird but is the best salmon I have had. I brush teriyake sauce on the salmon then dip in bread crumbs and add a little more sauce. I either grill them or put a light coat of olive oil in the pan and fry them. I make some rice and yummy a great healthy dinner!
One way I do it is sprinkling it with garlic pepper and grilling it on the BBQ. Another way I do it is to poach it. I put it on a wire rack in a covered pan and add a little water. Then I steam it until I start smelling it and then it's done. This method makes it very moist. I serve it with a wedge of fresh lemon to squeeze over it as I am eating it.
i put frozen salmon pices in a pan with a tight lid. before covering i sprinkle soy sause seseme seed oil ground pepper and ground ginger on it. Just a little water cover tightly and cook low for about 20 min

No comments:

Post a Comment