Friday, January 8, 2010

Can you give me a great recipe for salmon cakes?

Something similar to crab cakes, but with canned salmon.Can you give me a great recipe for salmon cakes?
I tend to kinda wing mine...so I don't have specific amounts. You can just use it to taste, but I add:


minced garlic, chopped onion, finely chopped celery and red bell pepper, plus my cleaned salmon. Add a touch of spicy mustard, a little cayenne pepper, plus salt and pepper. Stir in a beaten egg. Add dried bread crumbs. Then I typically add a little milk to moisten, sometimes a touch of mayo...until I have a chunky but somewhat creamy consistency, form into balls and squish into patties, and then pop em onto a baking pan and bake...usually at 350 takes around 20-25 minutes.


Pretty technical huh? Sorry I don't have an exact recipe - I also add chopped scallions sometimes, and some fresh parsley. It all depends on what I have on hand!Can you give me a great recipe for salmon cakes?
Drain the salmon





Separate it so you can get the skin off.





Place it in a bowl with egg, seasoned bread crumbs ( I like Parmesan cheese in my bread crumbs) salt and pepper, celery and onion.





Mix well and form your patties. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them at 375 - 400 degrees until golden brown.





NOTE:





Since you want to bake them you could even put them in a non-stick cupcake tray and then you just scoop them out when ready.
Drain your can of salmon and pick out any bones. Add about a cup of crushed crackers (I like using ritz) and 1 beaten egg. Mix well together and fry in a hot lightly oiled pan till golden brown on each side. Simple and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment